On Wednesday 18th November, our expert marketing panel hosted the next episode in our digital masterclass series: ‘How to use TikTok to supercharge your brand’.
The masterclass helped attendees to understand TikTok, its audiences, the opportunities it presents to their businesses & how they can take advantage of this early growth phase. We analysed who is using the platform, how they are using it, the content they consume, the advertising opportunity and ultimately how to measure success.
We’ve rounded up some of the key takeaways into this blog. If you want to watch an on-demand recording of the masterclass, we’ve embedded the YouTube video below.
“Engagement” key takeaways:
- Of the 8.1 million users in the UK, 76% are under 24 years old
- Users are incredibly engaged, spending 52 minutes a day on the app
- Influencer marketing costs 1,000x less than on Instagram – and influencers get far more engagement too
“Content and creative” key takeaways:
- Be real, be you, show the personality of your brand
- Over produced content can be spotted from a mile off and will be scrolled past
- Rough, ready and unrefined content works best
“Advertising” key takeaways:
- Depending on the type of content you are producing and what your aims for the campaign are, some ad formats will work better than others
- Opportunity to combine ad formats to encourage engagement and user generated content
- CPCs on TikTok are 83% cheaper and CTRs are 333% higher than on Instagram
“How to supercharge your brand” key takeaways:
- Experiment with your content, highlight what makes your brand unique and show your personality
- Post in the evening – this is when TikTok users are most active
- Lookalike audiences present a huge opportunity, but combine them with interest based targeting to really drive conversions
That’s a wrap on our masterclass roundup, as promised the full masterclass is below:
If you’re keen to explore TikTok and the opportunity that it presents, get in touch with one of our experts today.